Forres to Cairngorm Mountain
Type of Event
Epic outdoor adventure. Walk or run it as a team of 3 or more
Take on the full 45 mile WolfTrek, relay it as a team in 15 mile chunks or tackle the 17 mile Midnight March
3rd August 2013. Entry open now!
4pm Saturday August 3rd. Finish up to 24 hours later!
WildHearts WolfTrekDo YOU have what it takes to join the WolfPack?
Entry for the 2013 WolfTrek is open! Register now on our sister site here.
Set yourself a goal for 2013 and sign up for the WildHearts WolfTrek, an epic outdoor challenge taking place across 45 miles of Highland wilderness, from Forres on the magical Moray Firth Coast all the way to monstrous Cairngorm Mountain! Celebrating its 5th Anniversary, the WolfTrek has been named one of ‘9 Events Everyone Must Do’ by Men’s Fitness Magazine and described as ‘Epic…One of a kind’ by Men’s Health Magazine. The spectacular WolfTrek route was created by the WildHearts team (you won’t find it on any map) and due to the unique conservational sensitivities of the terrain it passes through can only be held on ONE weekend a year. Demand for the WolfTrek always exceeds the number of places we have and this year with previous WolfPack members returning to celebrate our 6th Birthday places will go extra fast.
The WolfTrek is the only event in the UK that:
- Plunges you into Scotland’s most spectacular scenery, including remote lochs, ancient Caledonian forest, the stunning Cairngorms National Park and desolate moors where the wolves once roamed
- Immerses you in Highland history, from abandoned distilleries to ancient crofts, across long forgotten clan territory
- Lures you across the mysterious moonlit Dava Moor, historic home of a medieval tyrant, the Wolf of Badenoch (Are the moorlands really haunted? You'll find out!)
- Rewards you with a roaring reception at the UK’s highest bar, where you can howl with your fellow wolves to celebrate your conquest
- Helps you battle global poverty with WildHearts by creating your own unique online fundraising page to promote your team's efforts
In teams of 3 or more you will have 24 hours to wolf down the whole challenge or you can choose to take part in a team relay, tackling a bite-sized 15 mile section of the route. Alternatively choose to take on the Midnight March, an 17 mile trek from Forres to the ghostly shores of Lochindorb. Read more about taking part in the WolfTrek here, discover the WolfTrek route or check out our FAQs. Ready to sign up now? Click here.